Title: Account Manager – U.S. Sales
Schedule/Location: Full time, 40 hours per week in Richmond Hill, Ontario; initial three-month contract with full time option upon performance evaluation
Summary: Seeking a passionate and experienced relationship-builder and sales professional with technology industry experience to help find and foster new opportunities for a promising new Canadian company in educational technology.
Edsby develops a modern, cloud-based learning management system (LMS) for K-12 school districts that uses latest web and mobile technologies to connect teachers, students and parents in exciting new ways. Among its tightly integrated features are attendance, school news, group collaboration, grade books, timetables and calendars, course planning, report cards and more.
Unlike other LMSes, Edsby is designed specifically for K-12. To make rollouts quick and to minimize ongoing administration, it integrates tightly with existing student information (SIS) and authentication systems, leveraging data and security policies that already exist. And it allows for deep customization, even while being cloud-based.
Build a funnel of school district prospects for the Edsby LMS, primarily focusing on mid-sized U.S. school districts. Perform extensive proactive outreach to foster relationships, facilitate demos and help move accounts to closure.
This position will be responsible for cultivation of sales to prospective new school district customers to support growth in line with the organization’s vision, values and targets. Will work from existing contacts database and specific lead lists, performing extensive telephone outreach supplemented by emails, targeting individuals in defined roles in specified geographies to book presentations for senior Edsby staff to perform remotely or in-person. Will be responsible for managing follow-ups from presentations and shepherding assigned accounts ultimately to closure.
- Perform calls and write follow up emails against target lists in CRM; majority of time expected to be spent on telephone
- Book demonstrations of Edsby software for senior staff and manage prospects’ attendance at these demonstrations
- Research and identify new potential account targets, solicit new accounts, build rapport, provide technical information and explanations, prepare quotations
- Close accounts
- Perform sales administration duties accurately and on time, e.g. keep accurate records of all correspondence, funnel development and activity reports in CRM
- Provide regular feedback on progress against goals
- Adhere to all organization policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, exceptional listening skills
- Proven record of exceeding objectives in a sales organization as a sales person
- Experience with CRM systems including SugarCRM or Salesforce and related systems
- Flexibility to travel, including valid, unrestricted passport and drivers license
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft, Word Excel, PowerPoint
- Positive attitude, exemplary attendance, and reliable team member
- Excellent time management
- Self-motivated and competitive, but also a team player
- Good problem-solving skills and a high level of integrity
- Ability to meet quotas, e.g. specific number of calls each day, minimum number of new demonstrations booked per month
- Technology industry experience necessary; specific educational technology industry experience an asset
- Ability to attend events and other off-site functions
Base with incentive for presentation meeting targets booked per month.
Email résumé and brief cover letter to [email protected].