Edsby Meme Contest
Edsby’s pretty cute. Think you could design something fun with Edsby, yourself?
Act quick! You’ve got until May 18th.
Design an Edsby graphical meme. Something that expresses your affection—or maybe other more nuanced relationship?—with Edsby. Post it to Instagram or Twitter by May 18th, 2018 with the hashtag #edsby. The most popular design(s) wins! But act fast: deadline is end-of-day May 18th.
Download an Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) scalable vector version of the Edsby logo as a starting point. Or any other Edsby images you find on the Internet. Change or recolor as you see fit. Add stuff. Use memegenerator.net. Or not. The sky’s the limit, within common decency. See below.
- A meme is anything that gets passed around because it’s cool. It doesn’t have to mean a still with white, blocky overlayed text. Get creative.
- Think of something that could translate well onto T-shirts and merchandise. Animation = not so good.
- Your work can be shared anywhere you like, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Reddit. But it’s only going to be seen for this contest if it gets posted to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #edsby.
So… just who is this Edsby, anyway?
Gender-ambiguous. Intergalactic. Interspecies. The cheeky young time-travelling progeny of an Andorian and a colorful industrial metalworker, Edsby had a famous paternal grandfather and grandmother. The identities of his/her maternal grandparents have been lost to intergalactic lore. A distant cousin is in telecom. Another is in entertainment. Edsby is here to help our planet improve its teaching effectiveness. A favorite pastime is travel.
- Winning entry(ies) will get public acknowledgement on Edsby’s social media channels, bragging rights, a handful of Edsby stickers… and their meme(s) reproduced on a number of Edsby merchandise items shipped to them. And $100! 🙂
- Your work must be original – don’t just submit something someone else has done.
- You MUST include the #edsby hashtag and post to Twitter and/or Instagram or your work will not get seen.
- Submit as many entries as you like, just make sure they are original.
- The submission deadline is midnight Pacific, Friday, May 18th, 2018. Submissions after that time will not be considered. Winner(s) announced the following week – date and time TBD.
- Winners will be assessed on the basis of their popularity on Twitter and Instagram. If no clear winners are obvious from engagement metrics, all qualified entries will be placed in a SurveyMonkey poll and voting will be invited from the Edsby website and social channels.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- For any contestant under the age of 18, prizes will be sent to a parent or legal guardian.
- Edsby reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the contest due to insufficient quality or quantity of entries.
- Violence, profanity, sexually explicit content, libel and/or attacks on individuals or organizations may not be depicted in any form. Memes should not invade privacy, reveal other people’s personal information or exhibit predatory behavior. Memes must not contain material that promotes discrimination based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or age. Edsby reserves the right, at its sole discretion, at any time, to disqualify any entry it deems to be offensive, inappropriate, derogatory, and/or libelous or not in keeping with the competition theme, or that is otherwise not in compliance with the contest rules.